Love-hate relationship with Spain

/
0 Comments
Let's put it simply: sometimes I really hate Spain, sometimes I boundlessly adore Spain. It's a nice balanced relationship. Keep on reading this blog article, I promise a happy-end after all! 

First, the terrible wind => terrible headache and a running nose for me. I was ill this week because of "el cierzo". Not that I mind lying in bed for four days, not saying a word to a living being except for my pigeons who woke me up yesterday.

Second, as far as the university is concerned, sometimes I feel like the motto here is: let's get rid off all modernity, online world and information systems! Let's just do everything on paper, the good old way. Let's arrange a meeting at the International relations office just to have a little chat. Let's discuss our schedule freely and shift our lessons as we please. Additionally, let's fill in a sort of registration form manually and glue my photograph to it for every subject. Sounds like fun, does it?! Honestly, I haven't glued my photograph to any official form for years. Such a waste of paper and my photographs, too! Why do we have to register in the International relations office in the first place (I had to give them a photograph, too), when we could simply do it electronically... And guess what, the secretary at the Department of ENGLISH and German Philology doesn't speak any ENGLISH. Nice.
 
Registration card for the subjects. 

Third, it takes up to two months to issue a proper university card. Now I only have a paper one. Moreover, you need to ask a bank to do it (fill in the form, glue a photograph, but this time, quite obviously it won't be a standard passport-size photo, you need to cut it with scissors to fit in, too). Seriously, what banks have to do with universities at all? And what are the reasons for this longish period? Maybe they all need to take vacation and go first to Africa and back. On foot.   

Fourth, I miss my friends. Not that this is Spain's fault in particular. Not at all. I've heard from Freud that it is good to communicate your feelings, so I do. My boyfriend obviously spent a lot of time hanging out with our friends. So I asked my boyfriend to send me some pictures. Yes, YES! I asked for the pictures so it's kind of my fault that now I miss home so much. And Brno. And Brno coffe and cake in Melonovy cukr and Saggio. But on the other hand, I have cafe bombon and tapas here... So it's not that bad after all. You see, again that Freud. 

Indeed, always look on the bright side of life (as Monthy-Python suggested years before)! On Monday I met some wonderful guys at tandem meeting and I spoke Spanish, too! I am always so fucking-freaking proud of myself to speak at least some Spanish. We played a get-to-know-each-other-game and I found my "pareja" (couple) Donald Duck. Yippee! (Besides, I gave promise to write an article in Spanish. Oops...) And I tried to talk to Bego, my flatmate, in Spanish. Just for the record, she doesn't speak any English, so this is always the toughest challenge. Luckily, I managed to communicate with her just all right. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

On Tuesday I went to the cinema event. "La piel que habito" (The Skin I Live in) directed by Pedro Almodóvar was definitely not a typical Antonio Banderas badass movie. But, quite surprisingly, it left me completely speechless. I liked it, because it evoked within me a whole array of emotions and this is something I require a good movie to have. I was scared and paranoid about going home in the dark on my own. You would be freaked out, too, if a black cat crossed road right in front of you, wouldn't you? Although while watching this movie I didn't know if I should vomit or shut my eyes or cry, I recommend it strongly. 

OMG-look after watching La piel que habito. 

I discover this in a supermarket. Spanish people really do love their jamon. Yummy!
Jamón. Big style.


Spanish onomatopoeia for laughing is "jajajaja" :D For me, this is tremendously funny. 

I remembered the tiny little wine glass people were drinking beer from in Logrono (as a though Czech-beer-lover I find this ridiculous). It's like taking a T-rex seriously when looking at his teeny weeny hands. 
Tiny cerveza.

The weather is definitely getting better. I don't need five blankets to sleep with any more. Only two are sufficient now!

So, these were my impressions from another week in Zaragoza. I must admit, so far so good and fair enough :) Looking forward to the trip to Andalucia next week! 


You may also like

No comments: