Packing time

/
5 Comments
Over the years of commuting from my hometown in Poprad (Slovakia) to Brno (Czech Republic, the place where my beloved Masaryk University is), I've packed my luggage countless times and it has gradually evolved into a kind of a pleasant routine. 

It was a little bit harder two years ago, when I was travelling to Sibiu (Romania) to spend five weeks on the AIESEC project. But packing for five months to spend my Erasmus in Zaragoza is the toughest challenge yet! The weather troubles me in particular. Now, there is winter and temperature slightly above zero is common in Zaragoza. However, in May or June it gets pretty hot. I mean, really, really hot. For a girl who comes from the mountains, it will be extreme. 

Anyway, it is done and I hope I will survive! Watch this video of my packing and scroll down for some more useful packing tips! 




Some packing tips:

1. Use ALL the space available: put all your socks and underwear in your shoes.



2. Symmetry is your temporary best friend: try to use space as effectively as possible. If you put your shoes to your luggage symmetrically, it will save you a lot of valuable place and you can fill in the little gaps with small items like belts, scarves or slippers.  



3. Cosmetics: definitely make use of these cute little containers! I recently bought them at Ikea and they are just awesome. They are perfect for body creams, shampoo, showering cream and so on.



4. Don't forget something personal. Believe me, homesickness will eventually come. Bring a few photos of your closest relatives to remind you of home.
  


5. Presents are a necessity. Bring several souvenirs from your country for your new friends! Believe me, with "liquid presents" you will be a rockstar and will surely find new friends easier! (I'm taking several postcards, sweets and also Tatra tea - our beloved alcohol.)



6. Emergency folder. Make sure to bring all necessary documents and emergency contacts. My folder includes a list of phone numbers and email contacts, addresses, copy of my passport, Erasmus contract, copy of insurance... Take it just in case. You never know what might happen. 



So, these were some hints you may make use of. Good luck with your packing! 


Is there anything you would recommend to take with you on Erasmus stay? If yes, make sure to share your ideas or experience in the comments below!


You may also like

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you still have plenty of empty space in the ludgage. Maybe because you don't take a lot of stuff. It wouldn't be enough for me, it really would not. Btw, I don't see you making the photos while packing. Does it mean that you repacked the suitcase several time just for the pupose of this blog? And I love the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, actually I packed the luggage and then re-packed it for the video. Then I took a couple of pictures and it got really messy so I had to do it all over again:D I bought only 20kilos luggage, and actually at the airport my luggage was slightly overweight but fortunately I didn't pay any fine. Lucky me :)

      Delete
  2. Now tell me, are you hiding another suitcase somewhere out of view of the camera? I cannot imagine packing for such a long time into just one piece of luggage! That's really impressive, teach me that spell too, pretty please! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a small backpack with all my electronic devices: Kindle, laptop, phone... But I'm afraid I've packed too little things :D

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete