Getting lost in Valencia during the fallas...

/
0 Comments
... was not such a bad thing after all! :) 


After series of disappointments about the organisational skills of Spanish people I have experienced so far, I just gave up in Valencia. I got behind the group early after our arrival and for few minutes I thought I was totally lost! Then, luckily, I came across a little group of other Erasmus students from Zaragoza and was happy not to be alone!

Coming back to Valencia after half a year (because I was there to visit my friend Stela last October) felt pretty good. For the first time since I had arrived to Spain at least some places were already familiar to me!

2014 and 2015 in Valencia

Unfortunately, we didn't see anything from the "mascleta" (big boom-boom that is traditionally part of the fallas). There were literally thousands of people and we didn't see anything from the parade of traditionally dressed Valencianos either. Then we headed the opposite direction (as we oriented our tiny-winy map wrong) and as a result we reached the meeting point around forty minutes late :D. Well, at least we saw some of the fallas:






After a short rest in the park and trying to avoid overcrowded city centre, we decided to go to the beach. There we had some sangria, listened to music, took some crazy pictures with Spongebob and Patrick, walked alongside the sea and had a lot of fun :) To put it simply, it was a perfect and relaxed afternoon indeed!









I only regret not spending more time with Louise, Carla and Laura with whom I spent such a nice time in Andalucía! But drinking "Agua de Valencia" (a mixture of champagne, gin, vodka and orange juice) together in the evening and watching the fireworks saved it all!  



See more pictures from Valencia here! :) 


You may also like

No comments: